ADIB introduces webchat customer service for better banking experience

By Arya M Nair, Intern Reporter
  • Follow author on
WebChat ADIB
Representational image

Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), UAE’s leading financial institution, has announced the launch of a website chat service to assist current and prospective customers with general requests and inquiries, as well as providing immediate access to key information regarding the bank’s products and services.

The webchat service will serve as a conversational medium for customers to get their banking queries answered as well as a convenient way to receive assistance if necessary.

Customers can easily get information on nearby branches or ATMs, International Bank Account Number (IBAN) or Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) codes, check the status of any product applications they may have, or be directed to the appropriate web pages to apply for products using ADIB’s website chat.

They will also be able to reach out to chat representatives for other complex queries, as part of ADIB’s efforts to cater to the growing demand for a simple and convenient banking service.

Mr. Sameh Awadallah, Head of ADIB’s distribution Network, said, “ADIB’s website chat builds on our continuous drive towards enhancing our banking experience and providing customers with simpler and more convenient solutions that can be easily integrated into their daily lives. We’ve already seen the surge in usage of ADIB’s Chat Banking since it launched, and we expect customers to find this service extremely useful.”

ADIB’s website chat has witnessed over 30,000 message exchanges between users and the webchat over 1,600 chat sessions since its introduction. The bot handled over 80 percent of the chats, with the remaining 20 percent handled by ADIB’s chat representatives.

The latest service complements ADIB’s WhatsApp Chatbanking, which has gained popularity by adding new digital features and tasks, such as allowing clients to check their balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and schedule branch appointments using simple commands.

There are now 150,000 customers with a verified chatbot account, with more than 350,000 queries put through to the chatbot in Q2 2021. 85 percent of these queries were resolved without human interaction, with the rest being directed to ADIB customer care representatives for more specialized support queries. This has enabled the call Center to reduce call volume by 20 percent.

Over the last 18 months, ADIB has gradually added innovative features and services that enable easier and convenient banking. Since then, the bank has seen a 58 percent increase in digital usage when opening current accounts and a 31 percent increase in digital usage when conducting personal finance transactions.

Related: ADIB adopts facial recognition for account opening; First in UAE

YOU MAY LIKE