Your skin is the largest organ that you have, so you want to take care of it. Glowing skin is typically seen as a sign of health and vitality.
Hormonal imbalances are one of the most visible eruptions on the skin, and they are a reflection of what goes on within our bodies. Hormones change and lose their balance throughout time as a result of age and other causes, resulting in external issues such as hormonal acne.
Some people get them during their periods or during pregnancy because their bodies go through large hormonal shifts at those times, causing acne to appear. But how do you get rid of acne? Then here are some tips for you;
- Begin by washing your face several times as dirt particles on your face might trigger hormonal acne. But if the outer layer of your skin is clean, the chances of getting acne reduces. Use a very mild face wash, and wash it at least 2 or 3 times a day. Keeping your face clean and dirt-free will help in reducing dirt settling on the skin, clogging the pores, and leading to acne formation.
- Stay hydrated at all times. Drink the recommended amount of water to keep your skin hydrated. Green tea should also be a part of your daily routine because it works inside and reduces the production of pimples on your face.
- Always use less moisturizer because your skin must be oily already. And use a gel-based moisturizer with a pea-size application.
- Use retinol or retinoids, both derived from Vitamin A and great for the skin. It gets rid of dead skin that promotes hormonal acne and boosts skin cell turnover. They clear the pores and allow the drug to seep through the skin for better results.
- Tea Tree is a holy grail product for all sorts of acne. It reduces acne-causing irritation on the skin. Simply apply a drop of oil directly to the active acne. Don’t use the same finger on every acne to prevent germs transfer. “The quantity has to be just one drop because tea tree oil dries the skin too fast and you don’t want that. So, go light on the quantity but use it every day, preferably in the night hours,” according to the health experts.
- When leaving the house, always use sunscreen. Your skin requires protection to avoid additional acne. Don’t wear makeup that clogs your pores. Makeup should be avoided as much as possible because clogging your pores will result in increased acne production.
Hormonal acne is unavoidable but still controllable. You can use these home remedies and make your skin look better. The skin you live in is yours forever, so take the time to treat it well. In return, it will take care of you!