The government of Qatar has extended quarantine packages for travelers returning to the nation till October 31.
Depending upon their country of origin, residents returning to Qatar are required to self-isolate at home for a period of seven days or go into a self-funded quarantine for seven days, followed by seven days’ self-isolation at home.
Updates on the Discover Qatar website suggest that individuals who require a quarantine hotel booking can make reservations through the website which was only initially available till September 15.
How to make hotel quarantine reservations with QID
- Visit Qatar Portal to request approval for the Exceptional Entry Permit.
- Once approved, check the “Type of Quarantine” stated on your certificate. If this states “Hotel” then you must book a quarantine package hotel from Discover Qatar.
- Check availability for your confirmed flight.
- Book your quarantine package hotel.
- Book your flight.
- Flyers should carry copies of the Exceptional Entry Permit and Discover Qatar Hotel Voucher along with flight documents during check-ins.
- Flyers failing to produce these documents, may not be allowed to board the flight.
- Dates for arrival and hotel check-in must match.
Special requests for Under-18s
- Those under the age of 18 at the date of check-in must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18 at the date of check-in) throughout the full duration of their stay in the hotel.
- The parent or legal guardian will need to contact Discover Qatar (via telephone or email) “so we can seek an advance exceptional approval (before the child arrives) to allow the parent or legal guardian to stay with the child at the quarantine hotel that is booked”. This will include an approval to meet the child at the transfer area of the airport to accompany them to the hotel.
- Minors will not be able to board a transfer to the hotel unless met at the airport and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
QID holders will need to obtain approval to enter Qatar by applying through the Qatar Portal.
- Flyers from a country not on the low-risk list or who are not eligible for home quarantine will have avail self-funded quarantine hotel package.
- QID holders returning to Qatar from one of the countries on the low risk will be required to self isolate at home for a period of seven days.
“If you plan to travel from a low-risk country, you need to have been in that country for at least one week before you will be allowed to travel to Qatar and home quarantine. If you have not been in that country for one week, you will be considered to have traveled from a non-low-risk country and will be required to enter self-funded quarantine for seven days, followed by seven days of self-isolation at home,” The website remarks.
QID holders are advised not to book a quarantine package until approval to return to Qatar has been confirmed.