Qatar’s Ministry of Interior (MoI) has decided to exempt residents who are outside the country due to the coronavirus pandemic from fees resulting from the expiry of their residence permits or exceeding six months’ stay outside the country.
The Ministry is also allowing Qatar residents stranded abroad due to COVID-19 to apply for an Exceptional Entry Permit into the country on the Qatar Portal website.
Exceptional Entry Permit
Exceptional Entry Permit is a temporary service that is provided to residents of Qatar who are unable to return to the country because of the restrictions imposed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This service allows employers, whether individuals or companies, government or private sector, to apply for an entry permit for residents and their family members holding QIDs to enable them to return to Qatar.
How to apply for Exceptional Entry Permit
The procedures to apply for the Exceptional Entry Permit are:
- Create a new account on Qatar Portal or log in to your existing account (if available)
- Click on “Apply for Exceptional Entry Permit”
- Read terms and conditions and prepare all required attachments before starting the application
- Enter the application page and fill in the required information correctly and completely as shown in passport
- Enter your email correctly to receive approval for your application
- Print permit and keep a copy of it and a copy of the quarantine undertaking to be presented to airport officials.