Acne is a prevalent skin problem that affects many people. Acne can appear everywhere on the body, including the back and chest, and is not limited to the face. Body acne is the name given to this type of acne.
Body acne is produced by the same causes that create acne on the face, according to Ayurveda practitioner Dr. Mr. Shyam VL. “Overactive oil glands, excess dead skin cells, and a growth of acne-causing bacteria” can cause acne. It could also be the effect of increased sweating and friction from clothing.
Mr. Shyam further remarked “As the bacteria multiply in a clogged pore, the pore becomes inflamed. An acne cyst forms when inflammation reaches deep into the skin. Cysts can be very painful. People often see permanent scarring after this type of acne heals.”
Many people suffer from back acne, which is one of the many skin problems. They can become painful if not addressed in time, whether it’s due to the changing seasons or heredity.
What causes back acne?
Acne and pimples are caused by an excess of sebum, or oil, produced by glands related to the hair follicles in our bodies. While sebum helps to keep the skin and hair moisturized, too much of it can cause acne and pimples. Pimples are caused by dead skin cells, which clog pores. Blackheads appear when they are exposed to air.
If the problem isn’t severe, the ayurvedic practitioner recommended some simple home remedies.
- Choose entire organic prepared foods, leafy green veggies, luscious juicy fruits, bean soups, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix three tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon cinnamon powder to make a paste. Apply this paste to the pimples and wash them off the next day.
- Mix crushed coriander seed with honey and apply.
- Apply fresh chopped garlic/onion on pimples and rub gently.
- To fade acne marks, make a paste with equal parts green gram powder and Kasturi Haldi (a form of turmeric) combined with enough milk.