Bahraini exports of national origin reached $862mn in July 2021; iGA

By Arya M Nair, Intern Reporter
  • Follow author on
Bahrain Export
Representational image

The value of Bahrain’s national origin exports climbed up by 62 percent to $862 million in July 2021, compared to $535 million for the same month of the previous year, according to the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA).

According to the iGA’s foreign trade report of July 2021, the top ten countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 75 percent of the overall value, with the other countries contributing 25 percent.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing $198 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with $143 million and Egypt third with $77 million.

With a value of $257 million, unwrought aluminum alloyed was the leading product shipped in July 2021, followed by agglomerated iron ores and concentrates with a value of $178 million and semi-finished iron and steel with a value of $48 million.

In July, the total value of re-exports surged by 45 percent to $159 million, up from $108 million in the previous year’s same month. The top ten nations accounted for 87 percent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for 13 percent. Saudi Arabia came in the first position with $66 million, followed by the United Arab Emirates with $29 million and Singapore with $16 million.

Portable digital automatic data processing machines were the top product re-exported from Bahrain with $24 million, parts for use with the telephone came in second place with $18.5 million, and parts for aircraft engines came third with $16 million.

The trade balance, or the difference between exports and imports, reached $82 million in July 2021, down from $358 million in the same month the previous year, a drop of 77 percent.

Related: Bahrain’s GFH to close acquisition of Khaleeji Commercial Bank this year

YOU MAY LIKE