The latest report issued by Dubai’s Land Department (DLD) shows that the Real Estate Market in Dubai observed $6.67 billion worth transactions in the first half of 2020.
The numbers indicate that Dubai’s real estate sector is gradually returning to normal with notable contributions from the regional authorities with stimulus packages and initiatives launched in the past few months.
The report shows that the real estate transactions for the second quarter of 2020 exceeded $6.67billion with 7,834 procedures, while 22,779 procedures with a total value of $19.74 billion were recorded during H1 2020
Mortgages in Q2 2020
- Hadaeq Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid was placed first with 205 transactions worth $92.84 million
- Me’aisem First followed with 113 transactions worth $30.77 million
- Jabal Ali First was third with 107 transactions worth $42.47 million.
The next seven positions were secured by Burj Khalifa, Al Yelayiss 2, Dubai Marina, Al Thanyah Fourth, Al Barsha South Fourth, Wadi Al Safa 7, and Al Thanyah Fifth respectively.
Sales in Q2 2020
- Al Merkadh ranked first with 631 sales transactions worth $414 million
- Dubai Marina came second with 515 transactions worth $300 million, and
- Al Barsha South Fourth was placed third with 430 transactions worth $101 million.
These were followed by Business Bay, Wadi Al Safa 5, Hadaeq Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, Al Warsan First, Burj Khalifa, Al Khairan First, and Al Thanyah Fifth respectively in the next seven positions.
Investments in H1 2020
9,160 investors concluded 11,940 investments worth $5.77 billion in Q1 2020.
Investments in Q2 2020 saw a decline with 5,528 investors concluding 6,523 investments worth almost $3 billion.
First Half of 2020
A total of 14,688 investors finalized 18,463 investments in H1 2020 worth $8.75 billion.
Investor Breakup for Q2 2020
- Dubai’s real estate market welcomed 1,223 investors from the GCC with 1,431 investments worth over $570 million.
- 706 Arab investors concluded 798 investments worth approximately $330 million.
- 3,444 foreign investors concluded 3,889 investments valued at $1.58 billion.
Investor Breakup for H1 2020
- 2,895 GCC investors concluded 3,712 investments worth $1.63 billion
- 1,839 investors from the Arab region finalized 2,203 investments worth over $870 million.
- 9,213 foreign investors concluding 11,240 investment deals worth over $4.41 billion.
Significant Representation from Women
Women accounted for a substantial share of the number and value of investments. In Q2 2020, 1,781 female investors finalized 1,922 investment deals worth AED2.6 billion. In H1 2020, 4,536 female investors concluded 5,112 investments worth AED 6.6 billion.