Qatar’s Supreme Committee for Crisis Management has offered new information regarding how the next phase of relaxations in the pandemic induced lockdown.
Phase 4 of relaxations have been split into 2 schedules. The first set of relaxations will be introduced from September 1 with further waivers expected to happen in the third week of the month if conditions remain stable and conducive to continue with the plan.
Guidelines for Phase 1 of planned relaxations (from September 1)
- All mosques in the country can be opened to perform daily and Friday prayers, provided that precautionary measures are followed. Toilets and ablution or Wudu (the minor ritual purification performed before prayers) facilities remain closed.
- The capacity in workplaces will remain limited to a maximum of 80% of employees in both the public and private sectors.
- A maximum of 15 people allowed to gather indoors with 30 people permitted outdoors.
- Wedding gatherings shall be restricted to a maximum of 40 people indoors and 80 people outdoors.
- All participants are expected to honor mandated precautionary measures including activating the Ehteraz application, maintaining a distance of two meters between tables with a maximum of 5 people per table, and avoiding handshakes and kisses while greeting.
- Individuals holding parties at home as well as managers of wedding venues are required to keep records of the contact information of all invitees.
- Cinemas and theaters can function with a maximum capacity of 15%, provided that precautionary measures are followed and that only people who are 18 years and above are allowed entry.
- Playgrounds and leisure centers will remain closed.
- Local exhibitions can be conducted with a capacity of 30%, according to the procedures instructed by the National Tourism Council.
- Metro and public transport services will be operational at 30% capacity following procedures which will be announced by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
- Personal boats and yacht rentals will be allowed with a capacity of 30%, including boat workers.
- The operation of driving schools with a capacity of 50% will be permitted.
- Summer camps, as well as the use of sports equipment in public parks, will remain suspended.
- Spectators will be allowed for sporting events with a capacity of 20% indoors and 30% outdoors, according to procedures that will be announced by the relevant authorities.
- Private health clinics will resume work in full capacity.
- Private education and training centers can operate at a capacity of 50%.
- Museums and public libraries can operate in full capacity and at normal hours provided that all precautionary measures are followed.
- Indoor swimming pools will be allowed to function at a capacity of 30%
Malls, Souks and Restaurants
- Malls will function as per normal working hours while keeping capacity to 50%, and opening food courts in malls can be opened to operate with a capacity of 30%.
- Children will be now permitted to enter malls.
- Souks will operate with a 75% capacity with a raise in the capacity at wholesale markets to 50%.
- Restaurants can operate capacity starting with 30%, according to the procedures which will be set by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Health clubs, gyms and public swimming pools will work at 50% capacity
- Approved facilities can run allowing massage and sauna services at a capacity of 30%.
- Home services of beauty, barber, massage and fitness training will remain suspended.
- Cleaning and hospitality services in workplaces can resume at a capacity of 30%. These services would be allowed at homes as well
• Qatar’s current travel policy remains. The Ministry of Public Health will continue to update the list of low-risk countries periodically.
Instructions for the second set of relaxations to be introduced from the third week of September will be revealed later.