Qatar’s Ministry of Administrative Development Social and Labour Affairs (MADSLA) has unveiled the national employment platform (Kawader) which will list all available government and private jobs in the country across all the sectors.
The system aims to provide citizens with the opportunity to obtain jobs that suit their qualifications.
Registrations are expected to be open for job seekers from August 24, 2020, with 4,800 jobs being offered in all specialties of various scientific qualifications starting September 2020.
Prospective job seekers can log in, register and create CVs on the launch date, and in September 2020, they will be able to view and choose the suitable jobs.
Key highlights of the initiative
- KAWADER will link job nominations with the authorities directly to conduct personal interviews with job seekers without the need for the Ministry to intervene in the process of selecting the appropriate job and the entity.
- The entire process will be carried out electronically, starting with creating a CV, registering, selecting the appropriate job, and conducting a personal interview by the body concerned, up to the acceptance and appointment.
- MADSLA’s role will be restricted to coordinate with the authorities to provide and offer job opportunities, follow up the registration processes and creation of a CV, in addition to guiding and counseling job seekers, and following up and coordinating with employers regarding interviews and appointment.
- As a first stage, registration on the platform will be for female and male citizens who do not have jobs in order to get nominated and look into jobs in the government and private sectors.
- Individuals born to Qatari mothers shall be nominated for jobs in the private sector.
- National cadres wishing to obtain jobs should complete academic education in areas that are compatible with the requirements of the labor market to ensure rapid access to suitable job opportunities, or join the government scholarship program or professional training programs that allow them to choose the required specializations in the labor market, which will ensure them to get the right job.
- The appointment of any employee is only for those registered with MADLSA, and a person may apply for one job for one entity, and if he was refused, he will be allowed to apply for another. When the entity accepts the job seeker, he will be appointed immediately.
- Current registrants with the Ministry must register on the Kawader platform again and create a special CV because the platform needs more details.
- However, he added, the attachments by those who registered with the Ministry will be transferred to the platform and the person won’t need to attach what was previously attached.
- Job seekers are advised to not use mobile phones in the registration process, and rely instead on laptops and computers, because the platform contains many services that are difficult to use from mobile phones.