Abu Dhabi reopened a few parks and public beaches today. These facilities will operate at 40 percent capacity with all general precautionary and preventive measures and protocols to be strictly enforced to ensure public safety.
The Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT), in coordination with the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA), updated a list of spaces that will open in the first phase of re-opening.
Public Parks open now
- Umm Al Emarat Park
- Khalifa Park, Abu Dhabi
- Salimi Park, Al Ain and
- Madinat Zayed Public Park, Al Dhafrah
Public Beaches open now
- Corniche Public Beach
- Al Hudayriat Beach
- Al Al Mirfa Beach, Al Dhafrah
Additional re-openings will be intimated later through various media outlets, including social media platforms.
DMT and NCEMA have both outlined numerous restrictions which are to be complied with by all visitors of these sites including;
- Prior booking via the smart services platform (Smart Hub)
- Presenting the COVID-19 testing result via Alhosn App upon entry and
- Taking body temperature upon arrival where individuals with a temperature over 37.5 C shall be denied access.
Visitors are mandated to wear face masks all the time and ensure that a safe physical distance of two meters is maintained. A maximum of four people would be permitted to mingle in each group.
The visitor capacity has been limited to 40 percent and along with a decreased car park capacity of 50 percent. Thermal cameras will check people’s temperatures upon entry, with signage communicating physical distancing norms. Sunbath seats have to maintain a safe distance inline with social distancing protocols.
Food and Beverages
- F&B outlets at these facilities will operate at 30 percent seating capacity
- A maximum of four people allowed per table
- Seating tables have to be distanced at a minimum of 2.5 Meter apart.
- Disposable cutlery should be used by outlets who can only serve food and drinks
- Hand sanitizer dispensers must be made available at the outlets.
- All rented equipment, seats and dining tables have to be regularly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
Working Staff at all facilities are mandated to wear masks and gloves all the time with body temperatures taken at regular intervals along with maintaining a safe distance of 2 meters.