Fertiglobe declares price range for IPO; Cites valuation between $5.5-6bn

By Arya M Nair, Intern Reporter
  • Follow author on
ADNOC
Representational Image

Fertiglobe, Abu Dhabi’s leading nitrogen fertilizer producer and distributer, has announced the offer price range and the opening of the subscription period for its initial public offering (IPO) on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX).

The price range for the Offering has been set at $0.67 to $0.72 per share, implying an equity value of $5.5 billion to $6 billion. The final offer price is expected to be announced on 20th October 2021. Admission of the shares to trading on the ADX is expected on 27th October 2021.

The shareholders expect to sell 1,145,582,011 shares, or 13.8 percent of the Company’s issued share capital, with the selling shareholders reserving the right to change the terms of the Offering at any time before the subscription period ends, subject to applicable laws and the SCA’s approval. If all of the shares offered are sold, the offering’s size will range from $765 million to $827 million.

Fertiglobe has signed cornerstone investment agreements with three funds including US-based Inclusive Capital Partners, Abu Dhabi Pension Fund and GIC Private Limited, Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund which will become key investors in the IPO with a combined investment of approximately $231 million.

Dr. Sultan Al Jaber
Dr. Sultan Al Jaber
Chairman – Fertiglobe
UAE Minister of Industry & Advanced Technology

“Since announcing our intention to float we have seen strong interest in the IPO, and we are delighted now to be offering individual and institutional investors the opportunity to participate in this exciting growth story. This IPO represents a milestone moment for ADNOC and Fertiglobe, as well as for the growing depth and development of the UAE’s equity capital markets, in line with the guidance of our nation’s leadership and the UAE’s ‘Principles of the 50’.”

The company also plans to raise its dividend to $200 million from $150 million, with the pay-out for the second half of the current financial year due in April 2022.

Fertiglobe was founded in 2019 when ADNOC’s fertilizer arm and OCI’s Middle East nitrogen fertilizer business merged. ADNOC owns 42 percent of the company, while OCI owns the other 58 percent. It is headquartered at the Abu Dhabi Global market.

Related: Abu Dhabi’s Fertiglobe plans to sell 13.8% stake in IPO on ADX

YOU MAY LIKE