Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and President of Turkey, Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, recently presided cooperation agreements, memoranda of understanding, and protocols between representatives of several state departments in the UAE, and their Turkish counterparts.
The Turkey delegation was received by HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs at Abu Dhabi.
The agreements and MoUs were exchanged by the two sides during a ceremony held at Abu Dhabi, Qasr Al Watan Palace. These associations aim to strengthen cooperation and expand partnerships between the two countries in several areas including investment, health, agriculture, transport, industries, innovative technologies, climate action, culture, youth, and others.
The agreements and MoUs signed by the two sides included the following:
- A Memorandum of Understanding between the governments of the UAE and the Republic of Turkey in the fields of health and medical sciences was exchanged by Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammad bin Nasser Al Owais, and Mr. Mevlut Cavusoglu, Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the field of advanced industries and technologies was exchanged by Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, and Mr. Mustafa Varank, Turkish Minister of Industry and Technology.
- A Memorandum of Understanding on climate action was exchanged by Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change, and Mr. Mevlut Cavusoglu, Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the cultural field between the governments of the UAE and the Republic of Turkey was exchanged by Ms. Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi, Minister of Culture, and Mr. Mehmet Nuri Ersoy, Youth, and Turkish Minister of Culture and Tourism.
- A Joint Statement of Intent on initiating a comprehensive economic partnership agreement between the UAE and the Republic of Turkey was exchanged by Mr. Abdullah bin Touq Al Marri, Minister of Economy, and Mr. Mehmet Muş, Turkish Minister of Commerce.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the agricultural fields was exchanged by Ms. Mariam bint Mohammed Almheiri, Minister of Climate Change and the Environment, and Mr. Bekir Pakdemirli, Turkish Minister of Agriculture and Forestry.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the fields of land and sea transport between the governments of the United Arab Emirates and the Republic of Turkey was exchanged by Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of State for Foreign Trade, and Mr. Adil Karaismailoğlu, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the field of youth between the governments of the United Arab Emirates and the Republic of Turkey was exchanged by Ms. Shamma bint Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of State for Youth Affairs, and Mr. Mehmet Nuri Ersoy, Turkish Minister of Culture and Tourism.
- A Memorandum of Understanding on crisis and disaster management was exchanged by Mr. Ali Saeed Al Neyadi, Chairman of the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority, and Turkish Interior Minister Mr. Süleyman Soylu.
- A Memorandum of Understanding in the field of meteorology was exchanged by Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the National Meteorological Center, Mr. Faris Muhammad Al Mazrouei, and Mr. Mevlut Cavusoglu, Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- A media cooperation protocol was exchanged by Mr. Saeed Al Eter, Head of the UAE Government Media Office, and Mr. Farhan Altan, Head of Communications – Turkish President’s Office.
- A Letter of Intent on defense cooperation was exchanged by Mr. Tareq Abdul Raheem Al Hosani, Chief Executive Officer of Tawazun Economic Council, and President of Turkish Defense Industries Mr. İsmail Demir.
- A Protocol of Cooperation between the UAE’s National Library and Archives and the General Directorate of State Archives, affiliated to the Turkish Presidency was exchanged by Mr. Abdullah Majid Al Ali, Acting Director-General of the National Library and Archives, and Dr. Uğur Ünal, Director of State Archives of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey.
The Turkish Delegation’s recent visit to the UAE led by the Turkish President is the first since 2013 and has improved the bilateral relations, which had been strained for years.