The UAE Cabinet, chaired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, has restructured the Board of Directors of the Emirates Development Bank (EDB).
Dr. Sultan bin Ahmad Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology has been appointed as the chairman of the board of EDB.
In the restructuring decision, members of the board included;
- Dr. Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi, Minister of State for Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Younis Haji Al Khoury, Deputy Minister of Finance
- Mohammed Saif Al Suwaidi, Director-General of the Abu Dhabi Development Fund
- Abdul Wahed Al Fahim, Chairman of Nasdaq Dubai and
- Mariam Saeed Ghobash, Vice Chairperson of Abu Dhabi Investment Company.
The board, which will serve for a three-year renewal period, will include;
- Khalfan Juma Belhol, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation
- Najla Ahmed Al Midfa, Chief Executive Officer of the Sharjah Entrepreneurship Center) and
- Khalfan Juma Belhol, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation.
The decision is in support of not only the government employment system but also the operating system of the Emirates Development Bank.
The decision supports the Emirates Development Bank’s efforts to contribute to the economic and social development of the UAE and to provide financial services to industrial, real estate and commercial enterprises to ensure the development of a competitive knowledge economy.