UAE residents will be able to get their hands on a ‘personal robot’ from October 20.
The cute robot named “Misa” can handle the daily schedules and tasks, offer home automation and surveillance. Also, it can help and care for the elder ones and play with children and even teach them and can respond to “Hey Misa” and a lot more.
Misa can handle 10 languages which include English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Italian. The developers of Misa, I-Life, is currently developing a robot to communicate in Arabic as well.
“It’s our vision to bring affordable and latest in robotics for homes and families. Our robotics team has designed Misa making it capable to blend right into your family as a friend, teacher, companion, cameraman, homemaker, entertainer and more – It is smart, interactive, and uniquely mobile.” Said Deepak Bhatia, Founder and CEO of Misa Robotics and I-Life Digital Technology
Misa is designed with a variety of high-tech sensors, AI, 7-inch IPS screen and emotional intelligence capable of learning, teaching and communicating with people.
The 10,000mAh battery has a talk time of eight hours and 48 hours as standby time. It weighs 1.1kilos and is currently priced at $271.97 (Dh999)
- It can interact socially like a human being expressing certain emotions. Also, it is designed to provide personal assistance like asking for information, scheduling meetings/reminders, video calling, chat and so on
- Misa comes preloaded with thousands of hours of “safe and ad-free games, books, learning apps and videos”.
- Misa can treat elders like a nurse by monitoring medications and notifying if medicines are not being taken properly, especially for adults with serious medical conditions such as vision problems and memory loss.
- It also offers video calling/ monitoring features for ex-pats to monitor parents who are alone.
- Not only this, it can also supervise the content used on smart devices and prevent unwanted applications.