Meta-owned photo and video-sharing social networking platform, Instagram has added two new features to Reels, Text-to-Speech and Voice Effects.
This is yet another attempt by Instagram to keep up with TikTok in terms of short-form video, as the platform offers creators more options when editing Reels. These features are already popular on TikTok, and creators can now use them on Instagram as well.
The Text to Speech feature lets creators use an artificial voice to read any text they add instead of using their voice in the video, while Voice Effects can be used to change the audio and voiceover in Instagram Reels.
The Text to Speech and Voice Effects features are designed to help users get more creative with Reels. The text tool in the Reels camera can be used to access the Text to Speech feature. It will enable an auto-generated voice to read aloud the text that has been added to Reels and allow users to use a build-in voice to narrate the short video.
To use the Text to Speech feature on Instagram,
- Open Reels Camera in the Instagram app.
- Record a video or upload via the gallery.
- Tap on the Text tool to add text.
- Tap on the text bubble and select Text to Speech from the three dots menu.
- Users will get two options to select from Voice 1 and Voice 2. Select and Post.
The Voice Effect feature allows modifying the audio or the voiceover in users Reels. At present Instagram offers five-voice effect options, announcer, helium, giant, robot, and vocalist to make funny videos with different voices.
To use Voice Effects feature on Instagram, users will have to;
- Record a Reel and tap music note to open the audio mixer.
- From the Effects menu, select a voice effect to modify the reel or voiceover.
Related: Instagram prompts users to stop scrolling; Tests ‘Take a Break’ feature