The trade organization for airports around the globe, Airports Council International (ACI) World has launched a new website providing a range of tools to provide passengers with information about the health initiatives in place at airports.
Passengers can see the health measures they can expect at the airport while leaving, arriving, or departing through the airport.
The data has already been provided by over two hundred airports, consisting of almost half of the world’s air traffic. Passengers and partners will see what services are available before starting their trip and what health programs are in place.
The service available through the website include;
- By offering health measures at airports, a mobile app called “Check & Travel” to assist the passenger during the journey.
- A passenger-facing web page for travelers to look up their airports of departure and arrival.
- A website which enables airports to provide updated information
- The Airport Check mobile app provides airports with data based on initiatives introduced globally. Using industry intelligence, these figures will help airports prepare their processes and initiatives.
For developers of apps and websites:
- An Aviation Community Recommended Information Services (ACRIS) based Application Programming Interface (API) enables stakeholders such as airlines and travel agents to use the data.
Luis Felipe de Oliveira, Director General, ACI said, “Developing and providing tools like those on the Airport Health Measures website, equip travelers with information that enables them to make travel plans with confidence. This is key to the recovery of air travel”.
“ACI is supporting airports with tools and programs like Airport Health Measures and Airport Health Accreditation to help them demonstrate to passengers, regulators, and governments that they are prioritizing health and safety in a measurable, established manner,” he added.
Ian Law, CIO at SFO and Chair of the ACI ACRIS Working Group, added: “The ACI Airport Health Measures initiative exemplifies the power of game-changing, cross-industry technology collaborations. I am proud of the airports and business partners that rose to the challenge in these extraordinary times.”